Monday, December 26, 2011

Heart Skipped A Bit.

 

Kate Lanphear. Nobody can ever miss her. The thing about shooting street style at fashion weeks is that, these hard-to-miss editors walk really fast (even in their heels) and it's not easy to get a good shot even if you hit the shutter like a machine gun. Sometimes, you have to depend on luck. And luck was on my side when Kate was rushing for Calvin Klein's S/S 2012 show. 

If you look a little closer,  Kate's black leather jacket is like no other. I'm not certain if it's the design or she wears it very often, you can actually see some faded marks on the sleeves and the side of the jacket. No matter what is it, this classic worn-out punk look is absolutely stunning.

Who would have thought that I would get to see her again since that day. During my internship at ELLE.com (here's one of my published articles), I sat just three metres away from my office. So, one day, I decided to give it a try (that included hours of contemplating at my desk!). I printed out my resume and walked straight into her office. (Yes, it's make it or break it time. Devil Wears Prada moment!) And there she was, in her perfect platinum hair, smiling at me.
 


And the rest was history. We arranged for a session and that's between Kate and I (sorry! unless you have amazing convincing powers). But do check out her exclusive interview with Business of Fashion here.


Faces of Fashion FW11 Net-a-Porter

No comments:

Archive

© VIONA WANG 2016