Heading the movement to promote Asia's emerging talents to the world is BLUEPRINT 2012 tradeshow's Project Director, Tracy Phillips. Here she is at the Asia Fashion Exchange (AFX) press conference, wearing a silk organza dress by Singapore's up-and-coming womenswear label, PAULINE.NING. The mixture of curves and straight lines against a light pale canvas are extremely flattering and modern. Tracey tops off her look with a pair of stunning wedges from none other than shoe-guru Nicholas Kirkwood.
Five facts you ought to know about BLUEPRINT 2012:
1) It is a four-day event consisting of two parts: 17 - 18 May (tradeshow for invited trade and media guests) and 19 - 20 May (open to public for sale of limited edition, sample and seasonal designs)
2) This year's edition will be held at Suntec Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre (location on map)
3) BLUEPRINT tradeshow is the only fashion tradeshow in Asia that presents Pre-Spring 2013 collections
4) 40% of the 100 emerging designer labels are from Singapore while the rest are from Hong Kong, Manila, Berlin, Seoul and more
5) An extension of Spain's fashion tradeshow, The Brandery Asia, debuts with a lineup of contemporary fashion brands from all over the world
Go mark your calendars now!