Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hello Sparrows!

Blue and green? Are they too manly for girls? Of course, not! In fact, I think they make a pretty awesome colour pairing. I got this electric blue from a thrift store at Brooklyn and guess how much it was? 8 friggin' US bucks! Thou it seems slightly wide on the shoulders, you can certainly pull off the Balenciaga over-sized blazer look (especially when paired with shorts!).

Staying at two colors is key to prevent yourself from looking like a clown. But you can always play around with the different shades of the same colour. Here, I matched my green pants with a tank top of a lighter shade.
I love my traditional Vietnamese bracelets! I bought them from a group of Hmong kids during my climbing expedition to Fan Si Pan five years ago and have kept them ever since. I always wear them in a bunch to show the mix of colours and designs. And that's my evil eye ring, a gift from my friend during her visit to Istanbul. I just Wiki-ed it and found out that the evil eye 'is believed by many cultures to be able to cause injury or bad luck for the person at whom it is directed for reasons of envy or dislike.' Okay friend, I need to have a talk with you. 

Lastly, say hello to my Miu Miu sparrows! My favourite purchase to date! I got them when I was interning at Prada a few years ago (Yes, I returned all my intern earnings back to their sample sale). I love the print, the height, the design, everything!

Here's the rundown: Blazer, Thrift Store in Brooklyn; Top, Mango; Pants, United Colors of Benetton; Guitar Pick Necklace, FCUK; Traditional Bracelets, from Vietnam; Silver Cuff, Chomel; Evil Eye Ring, from Turkey; Mary Janes, Miu Miu.
NET-A-PORTER.COM Shop the new season

No comments:

Archive

© VIONA WANG 2016