Monday, October 1, 2012

Mulberry Madness.

Embargoed press news are the hardest to resist! In fact, I wrote this post in August, hoping October will come in a flash and here it is, Mulberry opens a flagship store in Singapore! Mid-October is the day and its location is as prime as it gets! To celebrate Club 21's big 40 and Mulberry first (FIRST!) flagship store in Singapore and more importantly in Asia, be sure to grab hold, if not catch a glimpse of the limited edition Del Rey bag in pink! Here's a video of how the bag is made, all the way from its British factory in rural Somerset, England. 

Back to the Mulberry A/W 2012 collection. With so many fashion houses having featured lace and cut-outs this season, I very much adore Creative Director, Emma Hill's application of lace onto these dresses. Her choice of colour (Moonlight tie dye) and cut-outs on the shoulders, mid-driff and mid-thigh, not only flatters the woman's body, but keeps her seductive, yet feminine (without being too vulgar).

My favourite from the two, Fitted Nightie Dress (right), made of double-faced silk (reversible with finishing on both sides) retails at SGD$5,330 at Mulberry Mandarin Gallery store.
Mulberry accessories are on the brighter side this time around and I have officially grown to be a fan of sunkissed orange! This Maisie Shoulder hangs lightly with minimal hardware given the front design is entirely sewn together. I'm still not too pro 'design illusion' (I am more of a hardware person with the knobs, clips and such) but I'm loving the colour and the snake skin print on the sides. Available at all Mulberry outlets in Hilton, Takashimaya, MBS and Mandarin Gallery, the bag retails at SGD$2,430.

Having leveled-up to suede shoes (I always check the weather before bringing 'em out. Suede is hard to clean!), I still need some time to convince myself to wear ponyhair or haircalf without being so conscious not to stain it and end up walking really awkwardly. But I still can't resist not touching and feeling the softness of the halfcalf when I saw these Wedge Booties in awesomely bright orange. Judging by the arch and the height of the platform, I can tell they are bold yet super comfortable. Standing at SGD$1,960, you ought to head to the Mandarin Gallery store before they get sold out!
Mulberry has been one of the few fashion houses which emphasize a lot on building the right brand image. From the setting of the press preview to the organiser-like look book, tote bag, campaign stickers and what not, everything is done so cohesively to portray its A/W 2012 concept. I'm utterly impressed.

NET-A-PORTER.COM Shop the new season

No comments:

Archive

© VIONA WANG 2016